Interior designer and influencer Mona Jafarian has launched her interior design boutique located in Levallois-Perret and named as L'Atelier Pastel. A professional consecration for this self-taught woman known for her blog When Shabby Loves Chic renamed Mona Jafarian.
However, working in interior design was not an easy task for the 37-year-old woman, as her parents did not want her to go down this path. She therefore enters a business school and at the same time devours books on decoration and watches specialised tv shows.
When she decided to start, there were not many projects, mainly home-staging, and Mona Jafarian could not make a living from her job. She then thought about quitting and started to rebuild her own house, taking pictures of it and publishing them on Instagram, which immediately met with great success. The number of building sites increased, to such an extent that today she only devotes herself to large projects and refuses to decorate a room or two. Her husband, Cadio, joined the adventure and they both founded the Atelier Pastel in 2017.
30% of customers from social networks
Today, the company employs four full-time staff. Mona looks at projects and her husband is dedicated to monitor construction sites. 70% of its customers come from word-of-mouth, the remaining 30% from social networks and particularly from Instagram.
The workcamps of Atelier Pastel are diverse and varied and adapt themselves to the tastes of the customers, but we find Mona Jafarian's signature with the mouldings, the bases, the presence of velvet and brass. Mona Jafarian is a fan of the Hamptons New York style and the Californian "a style that has very little success in France!"
It is by looking for new offices that the idea of creating a shop emerges. Mona and Cadio have a crush on a clothing store, which they are transforming into an interior design store. The space also houses the offices of the Atelier Pastel team.
In the Atelier Pastel, we find Mona Jafarian's signature: mouldings and basements, and panoramic wallpapers. In the shop, the Botanical Garden panoramic wallpaper of Les Dominotiers brings a breath of fresh air, and matches the Sagamore wall mural with its Japanese black and white parasols. These two wallpapers has been custom-made.
Behind the boutique, the interior designer has set up her offices, which she has decorated with the Peonies wall mural and its large pink peonies from Les Dominotiers, combined with a vert-de-gris substructure.